Thursday, July 21, 2011

Clean Eating Pan Seared Tilapia with Avocado Citrus Salsa


So, if you haven’t picked up on this one already, I am a bit of a planner. And if I am going to eat right, I need to plan to eat right. This means I need to write out every dang meal, collect every dang ingredient, for the whole dang week – or I’m dang screwed. But my Type A organization works here – it really does! Taking the guess-work out of “What’s for Dinner” really forces you to be regimented… and that’s the whole point!

This recipe surfaced when I created a meal plan for the week with basically chicken and veggies. I mean don’t get me wrong, I love chicken, and I love vegetables, but variety is the spice of life people!

Enter Pan Seared Tilapia with Avocado Citrus Salsa… admittedly this is a weird recipe. At first I was a little hesitant to combine all these ingredients, but I thought Steve would love it (he’s far more adventurous than I am) so I gave it a whirl. What a GREAT risk! It was absolutely divine! You HAVE to try this!! Its quick, delicious and light! The perfect summer meal

Clean Eating Pan Seared Tilapia with Avocado Citrus Salsa

Ingredients
×          1 orange
×          ½ avocado, cubed (small pieces)
×          1/3 cup red onion, chopped (tiny pieces)
×          1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
×          1 tbs lime juice, fresh
×          1 tbs oil
×          2 tilapia pieces, 6 oz each, boneless, skinless
×          Salt and pepper

Instruments
×          Medium bowl
×          Medium Non-stick skillet

Instructions
1.       Over medium bowl, remove peel and white rind/membrane of orange – leaving only the meaty segments and juice. Reserve both juice and orange segments in bowl.
2.       Add avocado, onion, chives, lime and salt and pepper – toss gently
3.       In medium non-stick skillet, heat to medium and add oil.
4.       When oils hot, add tilapia and cook 3-5 minutes per side, until cooked.
5.       Plate tilapia and spoon salsa on top
6.       Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment